Last updated 03 May 2018
At South West Event Hire Ltd we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal details to third parties.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do return and review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
2. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a hire request.
3. This includes your name, company name, invoice address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers and the hire products that you are interested in.
4. If you provide us with personal details of your partners, family, friends, or other parties involved in your event, we do so on the understanding that you have their permission to enable this contract.
5. Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
6. This includes information provided in subscribing to our newsletter services.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically if you agree. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
1. To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products, which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
2. To meet our contractual commitments to you.
3. To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
4. We may also ask you to complete customer feedback surveys that we use for research purposes and may list that feedback on our websites for other customers as testimonials, although you do not have to respond to them.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous hire to you.
Further, we will not use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services.
Storing Your Personal Data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before hand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Card payments are made via www.southwesteventhire.co.uk using the Sage Pay payment website. Sage Pay is a member of the PCI security Standards Council (SSC), which monitors card industry global regulation. All payment details are encrypted in accordance with Sage Pay policy. We do not accept liability for the security of the Sage Pay payment website. We do not accept credit card details over the telephone, or via email. Alternative method of payment is available using BACs payments directly from bank to bank.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard customer data, firewall and SSL certification, login and password identification to secure the data.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
2. Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
3. To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you under a Subject Access Request (SAR). Should you wish to receive SAR details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
South West Event Hire Ltd
4 & 5 Bittern Industrial Units
Sowton Industrial Estate